Watershed Summer Gala Agenda and Details!
Purpose: Our mission is to “sustain and improve the waters resources of Springfield and Greene County through education and effective management of the region’s watersheds.” In short, we help keep local waters clean. The Watershed Center, a project of the Watershed Committee of the Ozarks (WCO), provides education about water to people of all ages. The Watershed Summer Gala raises funds to support our education programs at the Watershed Center and mission of the Watershed Committee.
Agenda: The Gala will begin at 5:00 p.m. at the Bond Learning Center and wrap up around 8:00 pm. Delicious local food, beer and wine will be available throughout the evening. Live music begins at 5:30 p.m. and the silent auction and raffle end at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets: Tickets are $45 in advance and are available for purchase on our website at http://watershedcommittee.org/ Tickets will be $50 at the door, and we may sell out this year, so ordering in advance is encouraged.
- If you play the Whiskey Pull you are guaranteed a good bottle of whiskey, and proceeds from the $30 chance go directly to Watershed Center education programs. Some lucky folks will walk away with a very special bottle worth two or three times the price of the chance! This game is made possible by the board and staff of the Watershed Committee of the Ozarks, and Missouri Spirits House.
- The Brown Derby Wine Grab is another way you can make a donation to Watershed Center Education Programs and all players will walk out with a great bottle of wine. Like the Whiskey Pull, some folks will draw a bottle valued well over the $20 chance.
Fly Casting blends art and science, form and function. Beginners and experts alike can learn from the experts at Plateau Fly Shop from 5:00 pm.m to 7:30 p.m. The casting area on the west side of the building will have room for about three people at time to receive free lessons.
- Some call it Bag Toss, others call it Corn Hole…we think it’s a great way for you donate to Watershed Center education programs and have a chance to win a Yeti cooler donated by Bass Pro Shops. For $5 you get a ticket for the raffle, AND 4 throws. Each additional bag-in-the-hole gets you another ticket and chance to win!
- Check out the best Silent Auction in town. We are humbled by the support of local artists, craftsman, makers, and local businesses who make it possible. We are excited to present a sampling of items like a Kuat Bicycle Carrier, a blown glass item by Springfield Hot Glass, 3 handmade canoe paddles, a guided bike tour of Springfield, boat rentals at Fellows Lake, photographs donated by Aaron J. Scott, turned wooden bowls, and sporting goods galore from our presenting sponsor Bass Pro Shops.
- Local Pickling Station with Artisan Cheese Display (Local Cheeses, Grilled Items, Local Bread, etc.)
- Zip Grow Salad Station: Fresh Local Heirloom and Watermelon Salad with Zip Grow Basil and Kale
- Risotto Station: Local Mushroom Risotto with Garlic Scapes, Smoked Pepper Risotto with Local Chorizo Crostini
- Carving Station: Chef Nate’s Famous Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Local Corn and Arugula Salad, Shaved Shallots
- Honey Cupcakes with Honey Cream Cheese and Honey and Chocolate Tartlets, all made with Local Honey
Beverages: We will have great a selection of beverages on the house!
- Mother’s Brewery will be serving two fabulous beers and for $10, you can purchase a “bottomless” WCO insulated tumbler to keep those drinks cool
- 7C’s Winery has provided their delicious Roundup Red, Roundup White and Peach Mead which will be available by the glass
- Award winning, high quality drinking water–so good its worth protecting!
- Iced Tea
Venue: Bond Learning Center at the Darr Agricultural Center, 2401 S. Kansas Expressway, Springfield, MO 65807
Music: Here’s a great excerpt about the music from Shaun’s website: “Shaun Munday is a one-of-a kind talent. He blends soul-drenched vocals with show-stopping bass guitar technique. Shaun captures audiences with a full band sound and plays the bass better than most people play a guitar.