Full Charge Bookkeeper
The Watershed Committee of the Ozarks is looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to manage all financial aspects, including payroll and taxes, of Fellows Lake, LLC, along with other general accounting duties within the WCO nonprofit organization. This is a part-time position, 20-25 hours a week and comes with some paid time off.
- Managing the books for our retail and rental store Fellows Lake, LLC using QuickBooks Online and POS Square
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Data entry of sales and inventory
- Tracking cost of goods sold and inventory.
- Reconciliation and analysis of monthly credit card purchases by employees
- Reconciliation and analysis of monthly bank statement
- Responsible for bi-weekly payroll functions using Quickbooks Online and QuickBooks Time, including processing, answering employee questions, and fixing processing errors, and paying payroll taxes.
- Responsible for paying sales tax
- Ensure timely and accurate credit card and cash deposits
- Assisting with day-to-day office operations
- Assist with the Watershed Conservation Corps service-based program accounting needs, such as invoicing and credit card receipt tracking.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements for management
- Prepare month-end closing, bank reconciliation, and journal entries as necessary
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
- Ensure the safety and security of employees and customers financial information
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and applicable laws
- Will be working closely with Fellows Lake Operating Manager and WCO Director of Business Operations
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and/or Quickbooks Desktop software required
- Experience with POS, such as Square preferred
- Experience managing the books of a small to medium business or retail store preferred
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team; analyze situations and make accurate decisions; work on multiple projects; and deal with some interruptions and open office space
- Positive attitude and ethics which complement WCO’s mission. An interest in water quality, conservation, biology, land & water management, environmental impact, etc. is a decided plus
Minimum 2 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience required
POS experience strongly preferred
Accounts receivable and inventory tracking preferred
Payroll experience preferred
Associates or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience preferred
Ability to pass background check
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
The work environment is a well-lighted, environmentally controlled indoor open office environment with a moderate level of noise.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, flexible hours depending upon work load
Location: Watershed Center at Valley Water Mill Park, 2400 E. Valley Water Mill Rd., Springfield, MO 65803
Please submit resume with references to Kelly Guenther at email@example.com
Applications will be accepted through 5 p.m. May 28, 2021
Interview’s week of June 1
Starting Date: June 14, 2021
Watershed Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.