WCC Hiring Conservation Specialist
Watershed Conservation Corps is hiring a Conservation Specialist!
The Watershed Committee of the Ozarks (WCO) is a non-profit organization on a mission “to sustain and improve the water resources of Springfield and Greene County through education and effective management of the region’s watersheds.” The Watershed Conservation Corps (WCC) will enact and further this mission through projects and education. Specifically, the mission of the WCC is “to engage and employ young people in hands-on watershed improvement.”
Position: The Conservation Specialist will be responsible for a wide range of diverse tasks including, but not limited to, glade restoration, prairie management, native plant establishment, no-till-drilling, private land conservation, grant writing, and environmental education. This individual may also be asked to serve as a crew leader for the seasonal WCC program.
Position Dates: ~35 hours per week. Crew schedule is Monday-Thursday/Friday with variable start and end times. Additional workdays may be added to the schedule, and this schedule can change depending on weather and season.
Location: The Watershed Center at 2400 E. Valley Water Mill Rd in Springfield, Missouri will be the home base.
1. Must be 18 years or older.
2. Strong interest in learning about conservation and working outdoors.
3. Must be punctual and responsible with an ability to work with others as a team.
4. Ability to lift and move heavy objects (50 lbs.) and work outside in inclement weather and extreme temperatures.
5. Must have the ability to obtain State of Missouri Pesticide Operator License and First Aid/CPR certification.
7. Some flexibility for varied work hours.
8. Experience working outdoors and familiarity with outdoor conservation work preferred.
9. Ability to arrive at designated meet-up location in Springfield Missouri. If you have a vehicle, and drive, a valid driver’s license and insurance is required.
1. Pay starts at $11.50 per hour.
To apply: To apply, please send a resume and two names, to be used as references, to Caleb Sanders, Conservation Corps Director, @ email@example.com.